Saturday, September 7, 2013

They Have to Come from Somewhere


A few days ago I came across Libby Anne’s response to this post, FYI (if you're a teenage girl). I’m not going to write another response to FYI, because there have been many excellent responses made already, and I doubt I can improve on them. Libby Anne links to some in this post, and Fred Clark links to posts containing more links here.

Today, however,  I ran across this gem on Pharyngula, Kronar Writes, linking to this post, which comments on a PUA ranting about how he doesn’t share his seed with just anybody.
Some choice quotes:

It takes more than a nice curve of the ass or a bat of the eyelashes to earn my seed. . .

My salty essence and genetic code is a gift from my father, and his father, and his father, and on it goes.  Its the sticky genetic code of self-sufficient men who have protected and provided for family, women and children.  Its the haplogroup of men who built civilization.  I have the genetic lineage of warriors, business owners, firefighters, blacksmiths, farmers, herders, poets, politicians, soldiers, artists and even chefs.  Hard jobs that help build the world, thinking jobs that help build a culture, they’ve all been done by men in my bloodline.  My ceiling for accomplishment is limitless. . .
I’m not some average guy begging to give my seed away.  My seed is valuable and I know it.Men of lesser genetics may be able to afford spraying their seed anywhere; I allow myself no such atrocities.My sperm could populate an entire society of strong good looking altruistic people and any girl who takes it in would be lucky to be a vessel towards that new world.

I didn’t click through to read the original, by someone calling himself LaidinNYC, but I did follow this link to hear it read in a Saruman voice. That was a treat.

So what does this have to do with the FYI post, you wonder? Nothing directly. It’s just that I have a strong suspicion that Kim Hall’s boys are all going to end up as some verson of LaidinNYC in a decade or so.

After all, this attitude of entitlement, narcissism, and female inferiority has to come from somewhere, and if having a parent who rescues her sons from the dangers of looking at their friends' pictures instead of teaching them how to control their own behavior and attitudes doesn’t inculcate it, I don’t know what would.

No comments:

Post a Comment