Friday, March 16, 2012

The Sign Said

Yesterday and today I was running errands that took me out of town and to parts of town I don't usually frequent. That gave me a chance to see unfamiliar sights. Apparently I was seeing things in the more than one sense.


Coming back to town from Gonzales, I saw a sign for a business called CG Flirtation Group. I was a little puzzled, but thought it sounded promising for a new post-retirement career.


A second look revealed it said, "Filtration Group".


Life is filled with these little disappointments. Today while going to drop off some donations for a charity garage sale, I saw a truck parked by the side of the road with a sign advertising 


Sheet Sets
600 thread count
Egyptian Cotton
Full, King, Queen                 $20

I wasn't the least bit tempted, because I follow the Post Office rule that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. As I got closer, I saw in small print between "Sheet Sets" and "600 thread count" the words "feels and lasts as well as". I'll be the judge of that, thank you.

I'd hate to have to make a living selling things out of a truck on the side of the road, though. I'd rather work for that flirtation group.

1 comment:

  1. There's a factory just down the road from me that says "Cathodic Protection" on the side. Every time I pass it, without fail, I have an instant of thinking it says "Catholic Protection".

    ReplyDelete